Monday 14 October 2019

Reflection

When I began my journey, it began with me wanting to create a collection of jewelelry which would goes beyond beauty, but would somehow be a body of work which was able to inform an audience of issues. While trying to figure out what it was that I wanted to narrate and which means I would use, I somehow found myself in self journey of becoming and growing. 
I have now been able to push myself yet at times restrain myself when it comes to developing my concepts, because I sometimes had the tendency to go off into this pit of ideas and would forget to reflect as to recall that I am trying to relate a message to an audience that would not necessarily have the same understanding or view when it comes to some of the umakoti/ bridal aspects that I was trying to deal with.
 Having a reference point to somehow parallel my work to was a vital step as it made me consider some of the design choices which I had made in terms of materials, images; forcing me to be able to substantiate these to myself as I wrote, designed and created. 
There was so much more I still wanted to explore when it came to both the translation of jewellery into poetry, as well as in my narrative references. Although I do feel however, that this body of work may be used as a foundation for future work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment