Saturday 22 June 2019

Daenerys Targaryen

The day I saw this piece of jewellery in an episode of Game of Thrones, I was so inspired. I took several glances at the piece, which included multiple pause and rewind moments, and I had decided at that very moment earlier this year, that it would be the inspiration for one of my narrative pieces.

Interestingly enough, when I was busy looking for this picture, I came across one of her early screens hots from season one, when she had just been forced into marriage by her brother. I thought to myself just much the character had grown and turned the tables of her circumstances, from being forced into a marriage and then dominated by this man, to being loved by him and his people, to then become the khaleesi, the mother of dragons, the unburnt, the breaker of chains etc.

Taking quick mental flash backs of the episodes, I see a girl who was seen solely as an item of trade for her brother's personal, to then become a young queen that won the hearts of those around her and inspired respect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment